Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    looking for a book
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for a book
 Login/Join

posted
i am looking for a story of ray bradbury called "the three spaceman" or "the three cosmonauts"
it is inside a book of ray but i dont know the name of the book can somebody help me??

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caloo:
i am looking for a story of ray bradbury called "the three spaceman" or "the three cosmonauts"
it is inside a book of ray but i dont know the name of the book can somebody help me??

Caloo, can you describe the plot of the story? I don't recognise the title, but Ray's story's have often be reprinted with different titles.

(If the story you are referring to is about several astronauts cast adrift in space, floating away from each other, the story is "Kaleidoscope".)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, your guess sounds right to me. How are things across the pond? Any swine flu? Are you hit with the 50% tax? Good current British Sci Fi writers?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or possibly "No Particular Night or Morning!" - also in the Illustrated Man collection.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caloo, I should have added that "Kaleidoscope" can be found in the following Bradbury books:

The Illustrated Man
The Vintage Bradbury
The Stories of Ray Bradbury

[Mr Dark, things are fine over here. Last I heard, two people in these islands have swine flu - a married couple who picked it up on honeymoon in Mexico!

I may look well-heeled (although I doubt it), but to qualify for the 50% tax I would have to earn my current salary many times over. It's not something that will affect very many people.

Good current British SF writers? I'm still rather out of touch. I can't even keep up with RB, let alone the entire genre of SF!]

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Eaton conference. Hopefully, our paths will meet again. If my book ever gets published, maybe you can fly my wife and I over there to address your august institution of learning! Wink

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr D, you would have to fly on the back of a passing albatross (or other large bird), since my august institution is decidely not well-heeled!

I'm continuing the rounds of literary confidence, spreading the word of Mr B's good works. I'm off to Belgium next month to talk about "A Sound of Thunder". I'm also about to embark on the long haul of a PhD, using Mr B as my focus.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Mr D, you would have to fly on the back of a passing albatross (or other large bird), since my august institution is decidely not well-heeled!

I'm continuing the rounds of literary confidence, spreading the word of Mr B's good works. I'm off to Belgium next month to talk about "A Sound of Thunder". I'm also about to embark on the long haul of a PhD, using Mr B as my focus.

If you get your PhD does that mean we will have to call you Doctor Philnic? (Inside joke for those of us in the colonies.)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or perhaps even Dr Phil.

August is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
August is a good word.

Also, a good month for the birth of authors and some of their stories.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by philnic:
...If you get your PhD does that mean we will have to call you Doctor Philnic?...

It's going to take me so long that OLD Dr Philnic will be the appropriate appellation.

Appellation is a good word, also a chain of mountains.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil: I'm excited for you in pursuing a PhD with the focus on Mr. Bradbury. I debated back and forth on a law degree or a PhD. Decided on a law degree. It is fun, but grueling. Hopefully, you can take some consolation from the fact that you will never be as old as I . . .

Are you referencing the Appelacheans? (sp?)

Dr. Phil. That's good. How would that work for ya?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Also, a good month for the birth of authors and some of their stories.

It's also a good month for my birthday! It's true - I share a birth month with Mr B.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Phil: I'm excited for you in pursuing a PhD with the focus on Mr. Bradbury. I debated back and forth on a law degree or a PhD. Decided on a law degree. It is fun, but grueling. Hopefully, you can take some consolation from the fact that you will never be as old as I . . .

Are you referencing the Appelacheans? (sp?)

Dr. Phil. That's good. How would that work for ya?

I will never be as old as you? Au contraire, I hope to live to a ripe old age!

Appalachians, actually. 'Twas a pun.

Something I sneakily enjoyed at the Eaton Conference was being referred to (wrongly, but I wasn't about to correct anyone) as "doctor" or "professor". In the UK, "professor" is a title bestowed upon the head of a research department, whereas in the US all university teachers are called professors.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
[Something I sneakily enjoyed at the Eaton Conference was being referred to (wrongly, but I wasn't about to correct anyone) as "doctor" or "professor". In the UK, "professor" is a title bestowed upon the head of a research department, whereas in the US all university teachers are called professors.

Us Yanks really messed up the meaning of Esquire, too.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post