Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Please, help me to find Bradburys book

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please, help me to find Bradburys book
 Login/Join

posted
Long time ago i read a book of Bradbury named "Ice and Flame" in Russian. It was about people that lived on a planet "second from the sun". They lived only one week. They were consious that their lives were too short, they posessed genetic memory and knew that they lived on another planet, third from the sun, before. They were probably astrotanuts that crashed on Venus, i suppose. They knew that there were a spaceship somewhere between rocks but it was extremely diffucult to reach it. At last, two of them, a man and a woman of cours, reached it and managed to start it.
I tryed to find this book using title "Ice and Flame" but apparently there isn't any book that has this title. My guess is that it has anoter title in English.
Please, does anybody know about this book or may be have read it? I would like to read it once again, in English.
Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title in English is "Frost and Fire." Has never appeared as a separate book but is a longish short story which appears in several collections and is planned as a major motion picture. I'm sure Pavel's or Phil's sites list its appearances.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The story is contained in two Bradbury books: R is for Rocket and The Stories of Ray Bradbury .

It was also the basis of a short film, Quest, by Saul and Elaine Bass.

If you read Russian, you might find this page from Pavel's site interesting:
http://www.raybradbury.ru/library/story/43/11/1/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, guys! Thank you very much!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. It seems the film is delayed indefinitely. See my latest posting under "Just Spoke to Ray."

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post