Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Pedestrian

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Pedestrian
 Login/Join

posted
I would have to say this is one of my all time favorites, of Ray Bradbury's short stories. It depicts the tale of a man who's seemingly living in a world all by himself.

Like some of the users on this site who have said that the futuristic subject is "highly enjoyable", I too would have to say that this subject in particular also does amaze me for the fact that it gets me thinking that what if our world does turn out to be like the world depicted on "the Pedestrian", and is anyone going to try to stop it?

Posts: 4 | Location: Hesperia, CA | Registered: 27 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Angel, we're just human and it's in our nature to want the next big thing.
So stopping it doesn't seem like something we'd be willing to do anytime soon.
lol

Posts: 3 | Registered: 22 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But what if theres someone, at least one person who will at least try to stop it? (or rebel is what I should say) Just as the main character in the Pedestrian was doing?

Posts: 4 | Location: Hesperia, CA | Registered: 27 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wasn't trying to stop it... he was perfectly content letting his fellow man stay inside, rotting their minds away, he just wanted some air.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 20 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post