Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    A Sound of Thunder, New Film

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Sound of Thunder, New Film
 Login/Join

posted
I know the new film has not yet been realeased, but I though you might want to know that students at Barnsley Institute,in Yorkshire, England have made their own version. The web-site for their version is http://mysite.freeserve.com/asoundofthunder. The total budget for the film was �603 (about $950), and it looks fab, with cgi on a home PC. It got all involved very high marks in their finals.
We would very much like to send Ray a copy for Christmas(I guess it's probally his copyright afterall!) Anyone know where we should send it.

Artenm Tuam Ama

Posts: 6 | Registered: 09 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an extra dot at the end of the link I posted. Sorry.

Try http://mysite.freeserve.com/asoundofthunder

Artenm Tuam Ama

posted Hide Post
I have just read the sad news on the other site and want to express sympathy to Ray and all those who new Marguerite.

Artenm Tuam Ama

posted Hide Post
Tom, I think Ray would still love to see your film. He has advised film students to "just stuff the pages of the book in the camera" and says that with that advice they sometimes come up with better adaptations than the professionals. The story has been filmed at least once before, for "Ray Bradbury Theater," and I found the special effects in that episode (and others, for that matter) rather poor. It's quite possible yours looks better than that one which was widely shown.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dandelion,

Yes, the special effects in our film are pretty good. We got hold of the programme that the BBC used to film their acclaimed documentary 'Walking with Dinosaurs'. Where do you suggest we send the DVD for Ray to get a copy?

Artenm Tuam Ama

posted Hide Post
Wow! This looks really cool! How can I get a copy of it!? Is there a way to download it?

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post