Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cat's Pajama's

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cat's Pajama's
 Login/Join

posted
Just finished Cat's Pajama's - short story collection. Mr. Bradbury's last entry is a poem about him being aboard a train with famous authors(Shaw, Chesterton, Wilde, Poe, etc.)and being in awe.

My first exposure to Ray Bradbury was at age 10 at Univ. Of Akron with my parents hearing a Reader's Theatre of Dandelion Wine.

My second exposure was in 8th grade English - The Illustrated Man. Since then, I've read everything he's published that I could get my hands on. I've never been disappointed. The nastalgia his writing evokes of times I never lived in, is palpable.

His writings opened the door for me to: Clarke, Asimov, Vonnegut, Heinlein. I, in turn purchased his books for my son.

Long may he write and long may I read and be moved.

Patti

Posts: 1 | Location: farmington hills, MI | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post