Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Has Ray Bradburys novel “Fahrenheit 451” become (virtuell) reality?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has Ray Bradburys novel “Fahrenheit 451” become (virtuell) reality?
 Login/Join

posted
Has Ray Bradburys novel “Fahrenheit 451” become (virtuell) reality, by “Amazons” online-burning (delating) of the Orwell-novel “1984”?

In a german news magazin, called „Der Spiegel“ (translated in english „the mirror”), the was told, that the novel “1984” (George Orwell) was deleted by “Amazon” from the E-book assortment offer of “Amazons” E-book store.
(german news magazin: Spiegel No. 33 / 10.8.2009, Artikel „freiheit@unendlich.welt“ S./ page 68 ff.)

I would like to know how the novel autor Ray Brabury (who sincerly hold his 89. aniversary, for this my dearly greetings and best wishes!) thinks of the aspect, that his novel “Fahrenheit 451” has become “virtuell reallity”, in the way, that the novel “1984” was “digitally” burned by “Amazon”.

What may Mister Bradbury thinks of the fact, that before his 89. birthday, his fiction “Fahrenheit 451” became (virtuell) reailty?

With dear greeting from Germany

F. Geier aka Monday

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings, F.Geier, and welcome to the board - I see you have taken Montag's name and translated it for your screen name!

Bradbury is quite well known for disliking computers and the internet. I therefore doubt if he will care very much about what Amazon did.

(In any case, Amazon didn't eradicate Nineteen Eighty-Four. It still exists in many other forms. Whereas the task of Bradbury's firemen was to completely wipe out all books. The irony is that Amazon behaved like Orwell's Big Brother, causing information to disappear in the blink of an eye.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can understand Ray Bradburys disliking of computers, personally...

Well, my thougt was more of a generel ironic kind of thinking, how our (virtual) reallity gets closer to (good) Bradbury fiction.

(An other kind of comparisson is to think of how "The Martian Chronicles" got reallity on our beautiful earth, without ourselves getting to Mars before...)

with dear greetings

F. Geier aka Monday

P.S: Your Website looks very interesting to me, dear Phil

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Monday,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monday:
...P.S: Your Website looks very interesting to me, dear Phil

Thanks! Are you from Germany?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, i´m continental Wink

so, to your Website it´s just small step over the channel, but a great step for me as a Bradbury fan to more Bradbury-online... Smiler

posted Hide Post
Phil does a great service to the global Bradbury community.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post