Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    "The Town Where No One Got Off"...the short film?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Town Where No One Got Off"...the short film?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. My name is Abigail. I have grown up in a very small town in Texas, I have several different hobbies, but one of my favorite is movie making. I have read the short story, "The Town Where No One Got Off" by Ray Bradbury and I thought that it would be great as a short film. I plan on seeing the motion picture inspired by it. I was only wondering...am I able to film this on my own or do I need permision? I am not making money nor am I paying money to the people that help with the production. I am only a smalltown girl who has been inspired.

Posts: 1 | Location: Palestine, TX, USA | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is perfectly legal to adapt and film anything you want as long as you don't attempt to distribute or profit by it. If you want to send a copy to Mr. Bradbury when it's done, that is also perfectly acceptable and I believe has been done before.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post