Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    another Hallowe'en

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another Hallowe'en
 Login/Join

posted
Well, my pumpkin of the year, Thedy, has been taken into the house this morning, sort of her "holding cell" before she faces the night of pain and terror before she is transformed into immortality as a Jo'L. I have done most of the things I do starting the first of Oktober--read once again Mr. Bradbury's "The Halloween Tree" and "The Octgober Country," Mr. Irving's "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," and, last night, watched for the umpteenth time "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." None of these works has ever lost its charm for me (or for anyone else, I guess, because they are still around). Mr. Bradbury has seen many Hallowe'ens, and I know it's his favorite holiday, and I shall, once again on Hallowe'en evening, read his "Tricks! Treats! Gangway!" both as a tribute to him and to the greatest of all holidays--Happy Hallowe'en, everybody!

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post