Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Fire On The River

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire On The River
 Login/Join

posted
Are you familiar with "The Big Read"? This is an on-going program put on by the National Endowment For The Arts, designed to get people reading again. Organizations around the US sign up to be part of the program. They select a specific book they will use as part of the Big Read promotion.

A local library, having selected F451 as their theme book, hired me to perform at one of their events. I committed to writing two songs about reading. One of them is entitled, "Fire On The River", and is about a life in which people have lost their right to read.

The reason for this message is shameless, at best. As you have heard, there is remake of F451 being developed at this time. I would like the opportunity to present these songs to the producers for possible inclusion in the movie, but I haven't got a clue where to start. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time.

Robert Marr
www.robertmarr.com

Author of "Fire On the River"

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about all that is known about the proposed film is that it has been written by Frank Darabont, who will also direct it. I would think your best bet would be to find out who Mr Darabont's agent is.

I can't imagine you will succeed in getting your songs into the movie, but I wish you the very best of luck!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply, Phil. I know several local singer/songwriters who have their songs in movies. One thing for sure; I'll never have a chance if I don't try.

Robert

Author of "Fire On the River"

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...jump off the cliff and build your wings on the way down!" -RB

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post