Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Help!!!!!!!!!!!111

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help!!!!!!!!!!!111
 Login/Join

posted
I am a high school student and in Ap English. Our literary question of the week is : What is unusual about the way Ray Bradbury lives in Los Angles? We need the answer by tomorrow and I have been searching. I was hoping someone could help me. please.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury does NOT drive. Living in LA, which is the most automobile-oriented city in the U. S., would definitely be considered UNUSUAL, if not downright ECCENTRIC! (Ray doesn't FLY either.) My daughters are all in AP classes at their school, so I hope this helps!

Posts: 1 | Location: Glendale, AZ, U. S. A. | Registered: 26 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DonDillion:

Ooops! Ray does fly... or did until lately... He started flying quite a few years ago, now, after it had something to do with him turning down an astronaut's offer to fly him back to LA. He took the train instead. But that started it.

Not long after, TIME Magazine ran a photograph of Ray clutching the armrests of his seat as a stewardess tried to console him. It would be his first flight. Afterwards, he even took the Concorde to France, where he worked with Disney in Paris. But a car? Never!!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post