Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Ray or Douglas Ray Bradbury: Are you my long lost Relative?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray or Douglas Ray Bradbury: Are you my long lost Relative?
 Login/Join

posted
Just your name inspires me,nevermind your works of art-writing,that is.Also I used to tell people that you were my American "UNCLE" and they would believe me! And that was inspiring to say the least.Actually the feeling was more like being a part or a character of one of your many books or stories.My brothers name is Douglas Bradbury and I feel this conection to you like no one can really fully appreciate or truly understand,but it is there and no one can take away from me.In other words you will always be with me not only in spirit but by association to a degree.I'm also hoping beyond hope that we are truly related,it is such a small world that we live in after all,is it not? Please post a comment and let me read what is on your mind.P.S. Sorry to hear of your wife and it is truly understandable if you don't comment on anything in this time of mourning,but please remember we all are truly sorry and greatful to you and yours,forever and ever.Especially YOU my ficticous "UNCLE" RAY...BRADBURY! Also currently reading "October Country" my month of BIRTH-OCTOBER.What inspired YOU? for that "TITLE"? Inquireing minds-want to know.......

Posts: 1 | Location: Edmonton,AB.CA | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is your last name Bradbury, and do you live outside of the U. S.? On his father's side, Ray Bradbury's family immigrated from England in 1630. Yes, long enough ago that one of his ancestors was tried as a witch! Luckily a friend took mercy and hid her, so Ray survived to see the light of day--a good thing for us all! It must happen a dozen times a day that I see something and think "What would Ray think of this?" or "Oh, he would like that!" or refer to it in his words. On his mother's side the family did not immigrate until after she was born, so Ray had the best of both worlds as far as old and new American families! My family is also very old--not as far back as 1630 but less than 20 years later--and I know of no documented connection but I can always hope! My name is Cornelia Shields and I was born in Benton County. Right above Ray's home town of Waukegan is Benton Township and right below is Shields Township. Right down the street from where Ray was born is a street named Cornelia. The street where he was born is St. James. I was named "James" before I was born, as I was meant to be a boy, and named "Cornelia" after I was born. Coincidence or cosmicness?

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post