Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    can someone help me with this Hitchcock episode?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can someone help me with this Hitchcock episode?
 Login/Join

posted
I just finished reading Mr. Bradbury's "The Halloween Tree" this morning (as I read it for every Hallowe'en season), and the last visit Mr. Moundshroud and the boys made, to Mexico, reminded me of an old Hitchcock episode I saw once. It was set in Mexico, and a poor woman (played, if I believe correctly, by that wonderful Puerto Rican actress, Mirim Colon) was forced to set up her dead, dried-out mummified husband in their home and charge admission for people to look at him. I think the title was something like, "The Life Work of (whatever his name was)." Does anyone remember this episode, the name, I mean, and could you enlighten me? (The very end was very creepy when the woman begs forgiveness of her dead husband for having to do this, and a little gleam perhaps of understanding and/or forgiveness appears in one of his dead eyes, very much like that gleam the appeared in Im Ho Tep's eye in the original "The Mummy" when the young archaeologist was reading from the scroll of Thoth--)

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Life Work of Juan Diaz - see my website here for a bit more info.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the info (I see I was wrong about the actress playing the wife--it was a long time ago when I saw this, and at that time there weren't that many Latina actresses playing Latina women, and Ms. Colon has always been a favorite of mine.) In any case. thanks again, and Happy Hallowe'en!

Posts: 77 | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post