Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Paris bookshop

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paris bookshop
 Login/Join

posted
Item from a British newspaper about a Parisian bookshop:

http://news.independentminds.l...nal.com/3403479.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dont know about you guys. but the ease with which online book sleuthing has replaced getting on the phone, or on the road for that matter, and tracking down an out-of-print tome makes me a little sad.

back in the day (not so long ago, 12 years or so), if i wanted an obscure collection of short stories, or a replacement of my adolescent favorite biography of jimmy clark, formula one racing driver... i'd have to start a chain rx of phone calls to half a dozen booksellers i'd accrued over the years. pleasant side conversations would always occur involving families and the weather(of course--w/o party-pooper algore's omnipresent sentiments of the-sky-is-falling-the-sky-is-falling/!!! anthropogenic global warning manifestos butting in), and somewhere, along the line, the prize would be collected.

now, sigh, alls i have to do is look for it on amazon or alibris. it's been a boon for my bookclub, but the spark is gone from the hunt...

but if of ships i now should sing, what ship would come for me?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 22 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post