Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    The Rust indie film project

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rust indie film project
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I recently wrote a screenplay called The Rust. It is based on the short story called A Piece of Wood, which affected me profoundly at a young age. I can't help but wonder what the results of such a discovery would be now that we have been at war for so long. This is not about my views or position on the war, but rather a contemporary retelling of an incredible anti-war premise. I am not seeking any kind of investments or monetary compensation, donations or hand-outs. I will seek any and all legal steps, comply with any orders or instructions from Mr. Bradbury and/or his agent and publishers, to get the project distributed. I would like to see it go over to out troops who are in the Middle East, of course I need to get it in front of Mr. Bradbury himself, and frankly, I am confident in my choice of casting, ( I play Sgt. Hollis), location, (I have secured permission from the US Army to shoot at the National Guard Armory in Jamestown New York, and I own all the film equipment from cameras to edition hardware. I owe Mr.Bradbury so much more than I could ever express if I DIDN'T make my films for a living. For those of you who doubt any of this, or if you support it, but are still skeptical, then please feel free to read a copy of The Rust script. It's only six pages long, for a twenty-two minute short film. I will e-mail a copy to anyone who wishes to read a copy or to someone who can get it to Mr. Bradbury or his publishers at Harper Collins. I know there is a method to doing your first film, but in this case, I feel it is with the blessings of the author who I grew up reading and whose story the movie is based. If Mr.Bradbury does not okay it, i won't seek distribution. If nothing else, perhaps I could film it just for him and maybe he will enjoy it enough to share with all of you. Thank you,
Mark Jukes
PS-You can e-mail me for a copy at markjukes@yahoo.com if you wish to read the script. I would welcome all your feedback.

Posts: 4 | Location: Jamestown New York USA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jukes,

I don't have the time but when I do I'll gladly read your screenplay and give you some feedback. But I'm curious: what is your purpose for distributing your short film to the troops in Iraq?

Best,

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post