Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cool quotes by Mr. Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
“Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get. Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it.”

- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm not afraid of machines. I don't think the robots are taking over. I think the men who play with toys have taken over. And if we don't take the toys out of their hands, we're fools."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"Run fast, stand still. This, the lesson from lizards. For all writers. . . What can we writers learn from lizards, lift from birds? In quickness is truth. The faster you blurt, the more swiftly you write, the more honest you are. In hesitation is thought. In delay comes the effort for a style, instead of leaping upon truth which is the only style worth deadfalling or tiger-trapping."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"The short story, if you really are intense and you have an exciting idea, writes itself in a few hours...Two or three thousand words in a few hours is not that hard. Don’t let people interfere with you. Boot ’em out, turn off the phone, hide away, get it done."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
“Without libraries, what have we? We have no past and no future.”

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
"Anytime I've ever made a decision, an intellectual decision, I've been invariably wrong. Anytime I make a decision out of my guts, out of wanting a thing, out of needing a thing, it's been right, because then you're working with your true self."

- Ray Bradbury

posted Hide Post
Treasure this day, and treasure yourself. Truly, neither will ever happen again!

* A fine message to All of us. Thanks, Mr. Bradbury!

This was a Happy BD card from a Relative/Librarian: Her best wishes included, "When I saw this card, I immediately thought of you."

RE: https://theshopsatwagnersquare...r-day-you-deserve-it

Posts: 2682 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451, what a great card! Thanks for sharing it. Given some of the wise things Ray Bradbury said over the years (many of which appear in this post), this could start a trend!