Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Law Professor's story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Law Professor's story
 Login/Join

posted
In discussion with one of my law professors, the name of Ray Bradbury came up. He lit up. It turns out, one of his favorite experiences when he was a kid was some theater work he did in high school. He had to come up with a piece to audition with, so he used the story "Kaleidescope" as the basis for his audition. He told me Bradbury was one of his favorite writers in his youth and continues to be one of his favorite writers today. He still goes back and reads Bradbury stuff for enjoyment and relaxation.

It's really fascinating to me how many lives Bradbury has touched through his writing. Really amazing accomplishment.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
In discussion with one of my law professors, the name of Ray Bradbury came up. He lit up. It turns out, one of his favorite experiences when he was a kid was some theater work he did in high school. He had to come up with a piece to audition with, so he used the story "Kaleidescope" as the basis for his audition. He told me Bradbury was one of his favorite writers in his youth and continues to be one of his favorite writers today. He still goes back and reads Bradbury stuff for enjoyment and relaxation.

It's really fascinating to me how many lives Bradbury has touched through his writing. Really amazing accomplishment.

And what was his response when you told of your relationship with the master?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I told him about the UC Riverside Conference and he thought that was pretty cool. I emailed the pictures of myself with "the Man" and he thought that was pretty cool, also. When I was younger, I thought I was one of the chosen, who had been directly influenced by Ray's writing, but as I go through life, I find that he has touched an unbelievable amount of people.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...as I go through life, I find that he has touched an unbelievable amount of people.

Having been to more than a few events with Mr. B I can say it never amazes me how many people his words have touched…from spacemen to Spielberg…teachers, writers, astrophysicists and so many more.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, has Ray done any stories with attorneys in them?

If so, what are they? If not, does he not like attorneys, or does he just find them boring and creatively uninteresting. Maybe I shouldn't let him know I'm in law school?