Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    There WIll Come Soft Rains--Adapted for the stage

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There WIll Come Soft Rains--Adapted for the stage
 Login/Join

posted
Bradbury's story inspired director Jon Levin to adapt the story for the stage. Using three white squares, three actresses, an upright bass, a bedsheet and a few other props, Sinking Ship Theater brings to life Bradbury's post-apocalypic house. They play premieres as part of the New York City International Fringe Festival this August.

THERE WILL COME SOFT RAINS will be presented at

The New School for Drama Theater,

151 Bank Street (West & Washington Streets).

Fri. 8 August at 10:00pm

Wed. 13 August at 7:30pm

Sun. 17 August 17 at 4:15pm

Thu. 21 August at 5:15pm

Sat. 23 August 7:30pm

Tickets cost $15.

For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.softrains-theplay.com

Posts: 6 | Location: New York City | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of adaptations, though this is a direct adaptation of the Sara Teasdale poem and not Ray's story...I was DELIGHTED to learn that the INCREDIBLE album with the Three Ds's version of "Soft Rains Will Come" is still available! Listen here

http://www.phoenixrecords.org/albums/poetry/07soft_rains_will_come.mp3

and see if this is not the most truly AWESOME song! Certainly the most awesome musical adaptation of this poem as I expect it's the only one. (If not, do tell.) Way back in the dark ages, a friend and I made a recording for Ray's birthday including this and other poems mentioned in his works made into songs. We had to check the vinyl LP out of the library and make a cassette tape! I had one, too, and 'bout wore it out playing it! Primitive times!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post