Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Martian Chronicles Video

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles Video
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all. I am teaching Martian Chronicles for the first time this year, and I have heard excellent things about the 1980 film version. Does anyone have any recommendations on this film? Is it worthy? Also, any idea where I can find it for under $50? It seems to be out of print. I'd also appreciate any curriculum ideas if there are other teachers who have used this book in class. My school was very hesistant to allow me to use this book, so I really want to knock their socks off with a good unit.

Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky USA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray is always hoping to have Martian Chronicles remade. So don't get too excited about the TV mini series version. It had its moments. Go to any good classic video store and you can find it there. I have a catalog somewhere (I'll look for it) that has it for probably 29.95 thereabouts. I was over Ray's house the first night it was broadcast (it was a mini series)..and he wasn 't that happy about it.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post