Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RE: a particular word used in F451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RE: a particular word used in F451
 Login/Join

posted
hello,

new to this board. i need some information - and i need it rather quickly - about F451, and a word used in the book. it's been a while since i've read it, but wasn't the word, "citizens", used in throughout the story when the voice on the loudspeaker was asking for help to find Montag near the end? wait - i know this is the movie. was that word used in the movie and was it used in the book? need to know ASAP...thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: los angeles | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeff. Why not, er, just look in the book and watch the DVD?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks for your insight. i pretty much figured that reading the book or watching the movie would give me my answer - but i don't have the book on my person and don't have a copy of the move. that's why i figured i'd ask someone on this board - maybe they knew.

Posts: 5 | Location: los angeles | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the scene near the end where Montag is on the run but stops to listen to the Seashell? It broadcasts that every single person should go to their door at the count of ten and look outside for him. But the word "citizen" is not used in that scene. Hope this helps!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes it does. what about in the book? any mention of the word in any scene where any public address system is used to spread "propaganda" to the masses? thanks, imskipper!