Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    School

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

School
 Login/Join

posted
Hi we are doing a school reasearch thing on Ray Bradbury just thought I'd say hi! Do you have any interesting stuff on him because the only stuff we know is the stuff on his biography?
Katie and Milly

Posts: 10 | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like stuff, stuff, stuff stuff, stuff,stuff!
it is great all that stuff!

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
are you taking the micheal? i do rather like the word 'stuff', it is very descriptive!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I just an elitist, or is this a bizarre entry pattern for the Bradbury site?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There goes the neighborhood................................................................................!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The intellectual level has indeed taken a precipitous drop with these new participants.

I generally dislike "neighborhood committees" as I think that, for the most part, they are just people too chicken to confront their neighbors about the condition of their lawns, but maybe we need a sorting committee at this site.

The kids can go IM With the other children, and the rest of us can participate like adults where we try to contribute and participate in an adult way.

Perhaps you should go read some of the entries on here by "Nightshade", "douglasSP", "Dandelion", "Nord Kordell", "fjpalumbo", "uncle", etc., to see what it means to actually add something to a dialog. Apparently your exposure to this level of conversation has been severely limited. May I recommend you try and learn by reading these contributors (among some of the others)?

I have enjoyed and learned from this sight over the last several months, have really enjoyed the insights these other writers have contibuted to my understanding of Bradbury's work, have been uplifted to see how he has positively impacted other lives through his writing, and am both saddened and frustrated to see it drug down into the adolescent toilet you guys seem to thrive in.

If this is your best, please just go away. Real people interact here.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-23-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those who think this is bad (and it is, but...) you should have seen the old (unofficial, fan-run, now discontinued) Ray Bradbury board. There were exactly three signs of intelligent life: the guy who started it, me, and a guy in California who knows Ray and directed some of his plays. (He lamented the level of that board but unfortunately has never shown up on this one, despite my urging him several times.) I once got cussed out and deleted after posting a simple question. Everything else was exactly two things: 1. I didn't read this, please tell me what it is about and 2. I read this and didn't understand one word, please explain it. Very sad and scary. I must admit when this message board started I had misgivings of its going the same way. From the time it started nearly a year ago, until now, there has been only one regrettable incident, which was resolved, and the content of this board has been absolutely DELIGHTFUL! This is, of course, an official website, so higher standards are expected. Let's try and keep it that way.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by howard:
Hi we are doing a school reasearch thing on Ray Bradbury just thought I'd say hi! Do you have any interesting stuff on him because the only stuff we know is the stuff on his biography?
Katie and Milly

Try reading what he's actually written. It will open doors to new understanding. Hopefully you can be persuaded into actually appreciating what he has to say on the human condition, which in turn should tell you something more than you can learn from mere biographical references, and in turn tell you something about yourself.

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post