Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury appearance - August 28th

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury appearance - August 28th
 Login/Join

posted
On August 28th, Bradbury is scheduled to make an appearance at the Mystery and Imagination Store in Glendale. See information and contact details below:

Sunday August 28 at 1:00 pm:
RAY BRADBURY will be celebrating his birthday here, chatting with each fan and signing his new book:

BRADBURY SPEAKS: Too Soon From the Cave, Too Far From The Stars: Essays On The Past, The Future, and Everything In Between. Hardcover. First edition. $25.95.

"The grand master's many fans will delight in behind-the-scenes stories about the creation of such science fiction classics as THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES (which began as a film project for Gene Kelly), but that's just one of Bradbury's many facets on display in this collection of 37 essays. We also learn about his encounters with famous men, from Walt Disney to Bertrand Russell; adventures in Hollywood; and even his love for going out in the rain.

"Whether Bradbury is talking about cross-country train trips or manned flight to Mars, his enthusiasm remains as contagious as ever. The intimate connection many readers already feel through Bradbury's fiction will be strengthened by these highly personal reminiscences"--Publisher's Weekly.

Cheers,
Christine
MYSTERY AND IMAGINATION
238 N. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91203
818/545-0206
http://www.mysteryandimagination.com
books@mysteryandimagination.com

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Mr. Bradbury will be coming to the Irving Mall (cor. Rt 183 & Beltline Road) (Dallas TX)? I just bought his new book, "Too Soon From The Cave, Too Far From The Stars" and I'd love to meet him. I've never read anything but science fiction throughout my life, and The Martian Chronicles does stand head if not shoulders, among some of the most tremendous books ever written. If Ray Bradbury ever comes to TX, I'd sure appreciate an email telling me where/when! Val Fitzgerald

Posts: 4 | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I attended this signing today... Ray used his walker to enter the store and was greeted with a beautiful birthday cake with the images of several of his books' covers done in icing; the dozens of admirers who'd awaited his arrival sang "Happy Birthday" as he beamed. He looked happier and healthier than when last I saw him (Jan. 2005) and was as gracious and pleasant as ever as he signed for a substantial, adoring crowd.

Posts: 10 | Location: Oakland, CA USA | Registered: 18 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post