Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Trying to find out the name of a short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trying to find out the name of a short story
 Login/Join

posted
It was about some kids on a space station. Their society had created myths about their creation that were centered around the space station being the whole world and the kids find out the truth. I know it was included in a 7th grade reading text called Moments in Literature. It's been bugging me for 20 years. Can anyone help?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could it be "The Sense of Wonder," by Milton Lesser?

Posts: 7306 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and if not the Lesser story, it could be one of many other works, since the "whole world turning out to be just a space ship" is a common device in science fiction. The classics of the genre are UNIVERSE by Robert Heinlein, NON-STOP by Brian Aldiss, and many others. (The two I have named are novels, by the way, not short stories.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post