Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    the sound of silence - cant find?? Help...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the sound of silence - cant find?? Help...
 Login/Join

posted
Can someone please tell me what book I can find the short story "The sound of silence" in please? Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean "A Sound of Thunder"?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't recognize the title, either, Dandelion. All I could think of was Simon and Garfunkel. You're probably right that they are looking for "A Sound of Thunder". If so, it is in:

THE STORIES OF RAY BRADBURY. Ray Bradbury. Knopf, NY. 1980.

R IS FOR ROCKET. Ray Bradbury. Bantam/Doubleday, NY. 1962.

THE GOLDEN APPLES OF THE SUN. Ray Bradbury. Perennial/HarperCollins, NY. 1990.

It may also be in others.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one I know of is Bradbury's:

'Dwellers in Silence'

...published, 1948

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He wrote one titled "The Silence," also known as "And Then--the Silence," but it's quite rare and I'm sure uncollected.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post