Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury story about Thomas Wolfe

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury story about Thomas Wolfe
 Login/Join

posted
In the late 50s, I'm pretty sure, I read a Bradbury story in which, for reasons that escape me now, a time machine was used to snatch Thomas Wolfe (the 1930s writer, not the current one) into the future, so that he could travel around the solar system and chronicle his trip as only Wolfe could (I guess people in the future lacked the requisite vision or writing skills....). Can anyone identify this story for me? Thanks....

Hayford

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Forever and the Earth," from "Long After Midnight." Wonderful story which introduced me to Thomas Wolfe and moved his work way up on my to-read list!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
"Forever and the Earth," from "Long After Midnight." Wonderful story which introduced me to Thomas Wolfe and moved his work way up on my to-read list!

Many thanks! I kinda thought that that was the one, given the Wolfian title, but it's nice to be sure -- I'll have to track it down, it must be 48 or 49 years since I read it. Hard to believe that Bradbury is still alive....

Best,

Hayford

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post