Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Common threads for these ss? Please help !

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Common threads for these ss? Please help !
 Login/Join

posted
I am needing some ideas for common threads in the below short stories. We are studying Bradbury right now and I have a big paper due soon. It can be a common thread for 2/5 or 3/5 of the stories, so it doesn't have to be common to every story.

Please help me with some ideas here as I have read all the stories but am not real sure what to talk about in my papers.

thanks for any input ! (5 Stories below)

A Flying Machine
A Blade of Grass
Time in thy Flight
The Pedestrian
The Garbage Collector

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see one immediately: they're all about beings (people or robots) with unconventional, not generally accepted ideas. They deal with the rebellion of the individual against conventional thinking and some of its consequences.

Posts: 7306 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. If anyone else can help please feel free to do so!

posted Hide Post
Really need some others comments if you could find some common threads between ether 2 or 3 or the stories. Very wide open, please help me out here.