Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieMount:
Your cake was amazing, by the way.

See you in a couple of weeks.

I am lucky to have a fantastic cuban bakery near me. They did all the work. ;-]

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I am lucky to have a fantastic cuban bakery near me. They did all the work.

My spouse requested I ask you the name of the cakery - she said it was the best cake she's eaten!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
I am lucky to have a fantastic cuban bakery near me. They did all the work.

My spouse requested I ask you the name of the cakery - she said it was the best cake she's eaten!

Porto's Bakery, it is a across the street from teh bookshop and half a block north. They won Bakery of the Year last year. This is the original location but they now have a second shop in Burbank. They also have killer sandwiches.

http://www.portosbakery.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, thanks.

I see a cake in our future.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieMount:
Your cake was amazing, by the way.

See you in a couple of weeks.

I have my ticket for the 7th and cannot wait to play Frogger in crossing Cahuenga. (This is an inside joke for those of you that do not live in L.A. and know where the theatre is located.)

Is anybody else from the board going to attend? I know of one other than I. And he is coming from half way across the country...so no excuses here for not attending. Razzer

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I believe it's located here - busy area.

Phil Trask is going - on the 14th, I believe - and we'll probably be right there with him.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I am ordering my tickets today for the 14. My wife is also going to join me, as she loves Pat Harrington. We will see you there.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I am ordering my tickets today for the 14. My wife is also going to join me, as she loves Pat Harrington. We will see you there.

I opted for the 7th because it is the celebration night. It will be nice to sit back and watch other people work and enjoy the play. Smiler

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to see a little rehearsal footage, I put a short video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKentQW1riY

Ray came to rehearsal last night, which really energized and excited the cast. It was a wonderful run through, and we're really looking forward to opening night.

See you all there!

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

You done good. This was undoubtedly the best production of Falling Upward to date.

For those of you that are going to the play later in the run you are in for a treat. For those of you who live out of town...one of the board participants came halfway across the continent for the opening night's performance. Of course, with L.A. traffic being what it is it probably took me as much time to drive ten miles as it took him to fly in from Chicago. If he can do it, so can you. Wink

Charlie and Company arranged for a proclamation from the mayor of Los Angeles acknowledging Mr. B’s accomplishments. Many of Ray’s friends attended; George Clayton Johnson (I got the name right this time…Doug.) was there as were Craig and Patty Graham from Vagabond Books among others. (I am terrible with names.)

Dandelion Wine opens on the 29th. Ray just does not slow down…, for which we can all be grateful.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
...one of the board participants came halfway across the continent for the opening night's performance.

Who?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
My wife and I are on for the 2 PM performance tomorrow, Sunday. Could not make next week as originally planned,wife has a high school reunion that weekend. Will let you all know how it went. I love Ray's Irish stories so this should be a great night.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
...one of the board participants came halfway across the continent for the opening night's performance.

Who?

I'll give him the honor of telling you...if he so chooses.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
It was me. Nice to see you again, John.

And I agree with John's assessment of FALLING UPWARD. The play was excellent...it has a superb cast and a very nice set. I highly recommend it to anyone living, or visiting, in the Los Angeles area during its run.

Posts: 2477 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great play, Pat Harrington was super. a natural act.

Later
4RAY

Posts: 10 | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post