Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    furniture story?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

furniture story?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to find a Bradbury story. Someone copied it as an example in my writing class a few months ago, but I can't remember what it was called, and as such I don't know which volume it came from, etc. I checked at the bookstore but didn't see it in any of Ray's stuff. I think it was called "(?something?) Furniture." I LOVED it, and must have it.

It was divided into several sections, each of which talked about a specific employee at this furniture company where strange things happen. Very haunting, almost like some of the Illustrated Man stuff, but I know it's not in there.

Help!?!

Posts: 3 | Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either it's so recent I've never heard of it, or it isn't by Bradbury, in which case you can try here http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=rec.arts.sf.written&btnG=Search&meta= and here http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom as the two best places to start searching for the story you described, and there are other sources as well.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...those searches don't bring much either. I'm sure it's Bradbury...maybe.

Well, I appreciate your help. I guess I'll have to track down my old classmate...

Thanks again!
HP

Posts: 3 | Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth: you're right, this story is not by Bradbury. I found that class's outline. It's called "Detrie Furniture" and I think it's by Joshua, or else Joseph Wise (smudged photo-copy).

Now I just have to find a copy of the actual story.

Sorry for the headscratcher, but I appreciate your response anyway.

HP

posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting back to us! We still have some very old ones on the "unsolved" and "unconfirmed" piles from people who never did!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post