Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Halloween Tree & my broken heart! Help!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Halloween Tree & my broken heart! Help!
 Login/Join

posted
Can someone please help me: I am writing to inquire if anyone has any idea who represents Ray Bradbury. A literary agent, an editor, as Don Congdon passed away last year? The reason: In 1980, Mr. Bradbury signed my paperback copy of The Halloween Tree, a MAJOR starstruck moment in my young life. Having never loaned it out in the 20 years since, I allowed a friend to borrow it... Car break-in, bag stolen, book in bag, book gone forever, heart crushed. I can always get another copy of the book. But it would mean so much to me if I could have him sign it again. Any leads? Whatever help you may be in this effort would be so greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Tegan

Posts: 4 | Registered: 07 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whereabouts do you live, Tegan? Ray still does public appearances and book signings, but only in California.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,

Luckily, I am in Los Angeles! Only the best place to be to solve my problem. I was just looking for a way to expedite the process, as I've heard public appearances have become rare. I'm new to this forum, so I'll get on the mailing list for updates on signings & whatnot, a.s.a.p.!

Fingers Crossed,
Tegan

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tegan:
Luckily, I am in Los Angeles!

Then go here today and get your book signed!

Good luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Luckily, I am in Los Angeles!

Then go here today and get your book signed!

Good luck!

Do not bring a book with you to this event. Ray will only sign books available thru the library.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Luckily, I am in Los Angeles! Only the best place to be to solve my problem...

You are fortunate indeed. Some of us have to fly halfway round the world to meet Ray!

Stay with this message board, and you will learn of any and all forthcoming opportunities to meet Ray.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, everyone, for your ongoing support in this mission. Hopefully I will accomplish it soon...! Amazon has already shipped me a copy of my original version, just waiting on the mail. I'll let you know what happens.

Ever yours,
Tegan