Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Appearances and Book Signings
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appearances and Book Signings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Any thoughts of "discretely" placing a copy of F451 on a classroom bookshelf so it gets some camera time!?

Dang set designer! No, we didn't. I was addle-brained enough as it was. Wish I had thought of that.

The classroom scenes are done. I'll try to insert something or other next week tho.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
American Cinematheque event at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.

So Ray's gonna have a couple nights out at the movies, eh? Good, good.

I've had this on my iCal as a tentative for awhile now, and I'm tickled pink (or pickled tink) to be able to confirm it.

Wayward carriage! Sorry.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, sounds like a bit of shenanigans that could only take root here on the RB site. It's got to be F451!

If you are able to get it done, I would thoroughly enjoy viewing a photo of the stealth placement. Shhhh!!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love Ray Bradbury...

wait, did I just say that outloud?

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parish:
I love Ray Bradbury...

wait, did I just say that outloud?

It's OK - jkt wears a tee shirt which offers the same sentiment.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

Shouldn't that be a JacKeT instead...?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Given to me by my goddaughter. Don't forget my custom F451 baseball hat..signed by Mr. B. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt!

Here ya- 'r! Seventh picture down on the row.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/2351068653

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's excellent!

You Westcoasters have ALL the fun Frowner

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
jkt!

Here ya- 'r! Seventh picture down on the row.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/2351068653

And with a suit, to boot.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
West Hollywood Book Fair Update:
Mr. B will be giving a talk at 1:00 p.m. ~ 1:45 p.m. at the Comics, SciFi & Beyond Pavilion. He is also scheudled to be signing at Golden Apple Comics afterwards.

http://www.westhollywoodbookfair.org/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theatre Update:

Friday October 10th will be showing Something Wicked This Way Comes.

Saturday October 11th will have a double feature of Moby Dick & The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.

Mr. B is scheduled to appear both days. He is also expected to give a brief talk before the showing of each film. I do not believe that there will be any formal book signing at this event, just sit back, munch on some popcorn and enjoy the movies.

http://www.americancinematheque.com/mastercalendar.htm

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Alex Film Society Update:

Here you get three for one, not only is Mr. B scheduled to attend the 2 p.m. matinee of King Kong so are two dear friends of his, Forrest J Ackerman and George Clayton Johnson. Each legend is expected to briefly talk about having seen the movie, as a first run in 1933. There is no book signing attached to this event. Again, come and enjoy a great legendary movie with three living legends.

http://www.alexfilmsociety.org/schedule.php

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Fahrenehit 451, the play, update:

Because it received such a great response (a six week run ran for seventeen weeks) the play is being brought back for another six week run. The premiere wil be Saturday, October 18th with a final performance on Saturday, November 22nd. As a general rule, Mr. B attends on Saturday nights. However, there may be a conflict or two. For example, the Ojai event may prevent Mr. B from attending on that weekend. When Mr. B does attend, there is a little reception afterwards. Since the theatre holds under eighty people and about half leave immediatly after the performance (can you believe that) and with most people attending as a couple there are only about two-dozen people commanding Mr. B's attention. This makes the theatre an ideal intimate setting in which to meet Mr. B. If you bring an item or two he will probably be able to sign them. Books are also available to purchase at the event.

https://www.plays411.net/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...and about half leave immediately after the performance (can you believe that?)...

No.

"Live Forever!"