Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ADDITIONAL AUDIO-DRAMA RARITIES NOW AVAILABLE

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ADDITIONAL AUDIO-DRAMA RARITIES NOW AVAILABLE
 Login/Join

posted
California Artists Radio Theatre (CART) recently added to the selection of Ray Bradbury programs we've produced over the years.

In addition to "LEVIATHAN 99" and "A Bradbury Binary", we now offer "Any Friend of Nicholas Nickleby's is a Friend of Mine", "Ray Bradbury's 75th Birthday Tribute" and "Ray Bradbury's 80th Birthday Tribute".

All shows are available on CDs or as downloadable MP3 files, and your purchase price is tax-deductible!

Needless to say, we consider Ray a dear friend.

Please visit www.CARTaudio.org

Posts: 5 | Location: Hollywood, CA | Registered: 23 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've listened to all of these. They are all lovingly done and would be enjoyed by any Bradbury enthusiast.

Starting to listen to other CART programs too. Listened to Walt Whitman Sweet Bird of Freedom last night.

Thank you CARTaudio!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished listening to Leviathan '99. There are some rough edges, but I found it remarkably lively - much more so that the 1960s BBC version of Ray's original play, where every line was intoned as in a Shakespeare play.

There is a remarkable good humour in most of CART's Bradbury adaptations, and they work well with a live audience. My only objection is around their tendency to use a narrator - this arises out of the American tradition of radio drama, and is something that have generally evolved out of sophisticated radio drama in the UK. This is a minor point, however, and is just a question of personal taste.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brother Tarkas, did you download The October Country? If so, was the file OK, or did it have a whole section repeated?

(My recording has this repeat - it might have been corrupted when I downloaded, or it may be that the version on the server is corrupt.)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
phil, I did download The October Country. It has a repeat of Act Two and it starts with Act Two. I thought the file was complete but, after checking, it is apparently missing Act One. My download includes There Was an Old Woman, Uncle Einar and The Man Upstairs.

Just emailed CART about this. I'm sure they will correct it soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's exactly what I've got. Obviously an error at their end - I hope they will fix it for us and allow us another download. I had also emailed them about the problem.

I wonder if the CD version has the same problem?

- Phil