Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    his family

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

his family
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone seen photoes of his wife or daughters? Well this kind of curiousiry is not good, but it is still... interesting.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
elron, the only photos that I have seen of Ray with his wife and daughters appear in THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION, by William F. Nolan. It was published by Gale Research in 1975, and is a much sought after book. It also contains photos of Ray's parents, his brother Skip and his cousin Neva, as well as photos of Ray as a child and young man.

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
elron:

Noticed you live in a Russian federation... and was wondering if you ever read 'The Master and Margarita', by Mikhail Bulgakov. It was this book that had a famous book burning scene, or more specifically perhaps, manuscript burning. If you read it, any similiarities overall to Fahrenheit 451?

Okay, thanks!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-17-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course! Of course! I read for "Master and Margarita"! 4 or 5 times, because this book gives somethnig new each time you return. I'm highly interested: how do you feel it's text. It has a very specific language with much variations of word-choosing to each character. (And how do russians read Bradbury then? :-)) )

What to "famous book burning scene": I never had an associations to "F451". Don't know why... i always call Bulgakov my second favorite author after Bradbury, but never tried to compare them.

And the burning of the book. The difference is in:

- Master burned the book himself, Bradbury's books are burned by police (State).
- Book burning in "M&M" is the symbol of Master's weakness, his refuse to live in a world. He gives up to fight against misunderstanding... It's not the same than violence in F451
- F451 is a social problem devoted book, M&M is more philosophical, phsycological... i will not try no explain all i can say in English... too hard... Well, M&M is devoted to interaction (interplay) of the man, the world, the wishes. F451 is only about social problems and Goverment violence. But, maybe there's a similarity in self-feeling of Master and Montag, but only sometimes.

The scenes are close, as i see now. Master is also behaves as nonconformist, but the parralel is not strong.

So, there is no photos of RB's family in the Net?

[This message has been edited by elron (edited 09-18-2003).]

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post