Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Autograph

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autograph
 Login/Join

posted
I have been a Ray Bradbury fan for about 40 years. Is there anyway I can obtain his autograph?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi tami, and welcome to the board.

Ray Bradbury still does a lot of book signing, so his autograph is relatively easy to come by (compared to some authors). There is a joke than an UNsigned Bradbury book is worth more than a signed one!

I guess it depends where you live. If you happen to be in California, you could attend a book signing - announcements are usually made on this very board, often by jkt.

You could try ordering a book from a place that sells signed copies, such as Mystery & Imagination ( here's a page with their current stock of signed Bradbury items).

You could look on eBay, where there is no end of signed Bradbury materials - but beware of paying too much. As I suggested above, Ray's signature is not terribly rare, so many of the eBay prices are ridiculously high.

You could also try writing to Ray, but bear in mind he receives a lot of mail. You can write care of his publisher, HarperCollins:

Ray Bradbury
c/o Author Mail
11th Floor
HarperCollins Publishers
10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Or, maybe there's some kind soul on here who will soon be attending a Bradbury event, and who could offer to get you an autograph.

I hope this helps!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post