Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Copyright Question

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Copyright Question
 Login/Join

posted
I heard from somebody that Ray Bradbury has specified that his works are not to be used in any online type of media. This may be true, or it may be just plain silly. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure that our friend, Phil, from the United Kingdom can answer that question as he has quite an extensive web site highlighting Ray's books.

What are the rulings on this Phil, or more specifically, what have you heard Ray say about it?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never heard anything quite so specific as this. It is quite well known that Ray has a dislike of the internet, and there have been instances in the past where action has been taken/threatened against unauthorised publication of his stories on the web. This, of course, is just an author exercising his legal rights to his own copyrighted material.

I am pretty sure some short extracts of his work have appeared online in an authorised form, although I can't cite any specific instances of this.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post