Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Other Foot manuscript

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Other Foot manuscript
 Login/Join

posted
After my Aunt passed away this year I received many of her belongings, within the materials I have found a rough draft with changes (presumably handwritten by Ray Bradbury) of pages 1-17 of "The Other Foot". This material is interesting to me, but wondering if would be interesting or useable by another. Not sure how this posting works, but please contact me at Bill8404@AOL.com to discuss. I like the work and it has been interesting to see what Mr. Bradbury might have otherwise written in this manuscript.
Just wanting to know how interesting this sounds to others. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was your aunt's connection to Ray Bradbury and how would she have come into possession of this?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not know my Aunts connection to Mr. Bradbury.

How it presents: It starts with a page of someones writing with the header "The Other Foot" "Ray Bradbury", then goes on to state "newspaper man in Los Angeles-this is a short story-which took a prize in 1952-as the best short story of the year. It has been printed in the 1954 anthology of Best stories ever written-may be classed as science fiction or fantasy. made impression timely-interest in segregation and interplanetary travel-If a friend calls and says "Have programme (?) Here then is- Ray Bradburys The Other Foot-"
From that point it has type witten material attached inside a spiral bound notebook. The title page has handwritten in lower left corner GMT/DLP. Corrections are made in orange and pencil, as well as blue ink.
I think we need to look further into verifying who made these corrections or alterations. I am just not certain. Again, it is only pages 1-17 of The Other Foot.
If any of this information tells you something about this work, please let me know.
Thank you,
Bill

Posts: 2 | Registered: 04 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post