Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ********Need Help wit my outline******

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

********Need Help wit my outline******
 Login/Join

posted
i was an idiot so i singed up 4 pre AP English as a freshman...and now its really hard...i need some info or a good site...or enough 4 my teacher 2 think i know something bout Bradbury...hehehe

Ross Todrzak

Posts: 4 | Location: seattle,wa,usa | Registered: 25 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This kind of defeats the purpose of an education, right? hehehe.

I would get a collection of his short stories and read some of the more prominent of them. Or, try to take a weekend and read Farenheit 451, Martian Chronicles or Something Wicked This Way Comes. This, of course, would imply actual reading and some investment of time.

You could also go to the library (Oh, perish the thought!) and ask the librarian to help you find a few things you can photocopy on Bradbury in the reference section.

Also, as blasphemous as it sounds, Cliff's Notes has some good summary work about Bradbury -- but that might cause you to invest $4.99 (and, dread the thought) more reading and thinking.

Sorry if this seems so snitty. To learn about authors, though, you will have to do some research and some reading. That is the point of education.

If you actually take time to read some Bradbury first hand, you may find it to be a transformational experience (or were you looking for one of those?). I strongly recommend it!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you sign up for AP English, expect to work incredibly hard for your grade. When I was in your shoes seven years ago or so, I had to work my butt off to be successful. My suggestion is to actually learn something about Ray Bradbury (using the excellent suggestions of Mr. Dark) then you won't have to make your teacher "think" you know anything. You'll know it. Trust me, it'll only get more difficult as time goes on. But give Ray a chance. As Mr. Dark said his work is life changing.

~Keli Linda~

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post