Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    X-MINUS ONE RB Radio Program (free on line)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-MINUS ONE RB Radio Program (free on line)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Frank and Braling II,

Thanks for the input. Frank, I am glad to hear that Bob Elliot is still among the living. Being the age that I am I remember, fondly, Bob and Ray cutting up over the years and thought it was so neat that Chris follow in such a stupendous way with all of his talent. We can tie this into Ray with their undying talent and energy.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes...
A couple of my favourite bits are The Komodo Dragon Interview, and the

Slow...

Talkers...

Of...

America!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II,

I was about to say "I am afraid that you misspelled the word 'favorite'", but then remembered that you are from "over the pond."
I was accusing Philnic of living in Kent. Do you live anywhere near there?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane,
Actually, I'm a Scanihoovian American. My wife is Mancunian (meaning she's from Manchester, England) and my Dad was Canadian, so I have some influence there. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest too where, probably due to Canadian influence, some of the older spelling used to persist. We always spelled things like saviour, theatre, etc. Brit-style. We used to get a lot of Canadian change at the shops too.
I am most definitely an Anglophile, however. Give me British beer and steak & kidney pudding over Bud and burgers anytime!
I now live in the Santa Cruz mountains of California in an area settled by Scotts.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, hey, hey!

Just got my high-speed internet connection Monday!

Now that I'm not limping along on dialup, maybe I can listen to all those great radio programs of yesteryear! (I feel so much better already.)

Did anyone catch the most recent episode of "A Prairie Home Companion"? "Fahrenheit 451" was mentioned in an episode of "Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian," in which Ruth told her young assistant, "I saved you when you misfiled that copy of 'Fahrenheit 451.'"

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post