Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow, "The Man in the Rorschach Shirt"! I read that so long ago, I forgot about it.

Mr. Dark will be happy to see "The Pedestrian". I've never read it.

This is turning out to be an essential collection. Way to go William Morrow!

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, between the Pedestrian and the Dwarf, this collection is already looking like it's picking up significant "stuff".

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
June 2003: Way in the Middle of the Air
The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone
By the Numbers
April 2005: Usher II
The Square Pegs
The Trolley
The Smile
The Miracles of Jamie
A Far-Away Guitar
The Cistern

"The Square Pegs" and "A Far-Away Guitar" are also absolutely uncollected.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Machineries of Joy
Bright Phoenix
The Wish
The Lifework of Juan Diaz
Time Intervening
Almost the End of the World
The Great Collision of Monday Last
The Poems
April 2026: The Long Years
Icarus Montgolfier Wright

"Bright Phoenix" is also uncollected, and "The Poems" has had only limited appearances. I believe "Time Intervening" was uncollected, but appeared in "One More for the Road."

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, "The Smiling People" was collected in Dark Carnival. Also in The Small Assassin and the 2001 Dark Carnival "Second Edition".

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Death and the Maiden
Zero Hour
The Toynbee Convector
Forever and the Earth
The Handler
Getting Through Sunday Somehow
The Pumpernickel
Last Rites
The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse
All on a Summer's Night

"Forever and the Earth" is another from my "should have been in the first 100" list. "The Handler" has been anthologized and in limited collections but never in a widely available U. S. collection. "All on a Summer's Night" has never been collected. Along with several others, this may well be its first book appearance.