Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    One last note to Bradbury afficianados living around NYC

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One last note to Bradbury afficianados living around NYC
 Login/Join

posted
A while ago I started a thread about the current production of Fahrenheit 451, which is playing at the 59E59 Theatre Center in Manhattan. If you really want to know how unbelievably excellent this show is, I suggest you check out that thread. I thought about posting this addendum in that thread, but it has unsalvagably transformed into a discussion about bagpipes and sad Irish songs Roll Eyes, so I thought I might as well kick-start a new one because there is some...er...new news.

I have been keeping an e-mail correspondence with 59E59's Executive Producer, Mr. Peter Tear, who was kind enough to let me see the show again for free (!) when I go up to NYC for Easter tomorrow. I told him that I had posted something about the show in several forums and he asked me to post this message (sorry if I'm sounding like an infomercial, I'm no clack, I just think that this is something that Bradbury fans should see if they can):

"If you know of any big Bradbury supporters who might have missed the show, we are going to add a final Special Benefit Performance on Monday, April 24 at 7pm to raise funds to pay for air fares to send the cast to the Edinburgh International Festival Fringe at the Gilded Balloon, one of Edinburgh’s most prominent performance spaces.

Tickets – obviously limited to 60 people! – are $125 and include a pre-show cocktail, an autographed E:Bill (program) signed by every member of the cast, the performance and post show reception with the cast. Each person will also receive a pair of tickets to the forthcoming East to Edinburgh festival at 59E59 THEATERS, which previews other new American productions heading east to Scotland’s capital city to participate in the largest arts festival in the world during the month of August.

Please be kind enough to circulate this to all Bradbury and Fahrenheit 451 afficionados!!

Best wishes

Peter

Thanks for your time, everybody!

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for getting us back from the rabbit trail onto the main path, SW! I really wish I could see this...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post