Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fire Drill
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fire Drill
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Was there ever any mystery, biplane 1? Class of ’65. TKOH DIN-NEH-IH in Southeast Asia, 1968 (I am not Navajo but use their words for “Water Clan” to describe my service there because I admire their association with it in World War II) and have been a lover and supporter of peace ever since (but often as a Mugwump—on the fence, my mug on one side and my wump on the other).

Relax, Robot Lincoln, nothing was anointed. – Best.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, thank god for small favors for that! Seriously, thanks, and I do treasure your postings. I especially like when you clear your throat on here by going, "Ahem". That cracks me up, I even used it a few times. I have decided, so that no other normal male lions here hit on me,much like I myself did in my latest of a long string of debauchery, to lift the veil(like Mick Jagger on Goats Head Soup)thereby exposing my vulnerability to the world at large, not to mention my velcro phobia. Therefore, here goes nothing, for I suggest we all see each other in the light for who we really are.....the dark shattered underbelly of the american dream, internet cell phone salespeople. I for one am going to put my phone down and stop text-messaging my daughter in the other room and start talking to her from another state. I mean, we were all stranded in the desert together for five agonizing days were'nt we? Don't you think we should look each other in the eye and say, "who are you again?"

p.s. please note my trouble trying to fit my oversized bulbous traddles head into the frame. I'm thinking maybe a Paul Newman, Robert Redford, combination around the eyes a little, after world war six....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagenew3-06_060.jpg (60 Kb, 9 downloads) me

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Robot Franklin, I have to admit that I was getting a bit panicky when I saw that the site "was under construction." And the next day "welcome to your new site and contact the administrator with any questions," and there was nothing there.

As far as the old site, my home computer had to be cleaned out and reloaded and unfortunately all of my favorites were lost. I will slowly rebuild them, but thankfully, Frank sent me the link and I can get that set up.

Just finished Too Far From The Cave, Too Soon The Stars (did I get that right?) and am thinking of sending it out to Ray to sign along with Chronicles.

Anyway, it is SO nice to see all of the regulars posting once again on a familiar background.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey biplane, is good to read you back also! You were missed. I think its Too soon from the cave, Too far from the stars. I don't have it in front of me but I recently got it from the library. I may be wrong. Hope your having a good St. Patricks Day sir. By the way, did you just call me Robot Franklin???? I think I liked Robert a Tad better.

Take care,

Greg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Greg, how do you post a photo? I knew how because I posted a photo of Ray with my wife and daughters and one of Ray himself, but for the life of me can not remember the steps. I have one of me taken a week or so ago by my wife, the day I called Ray from the beach, and I am sitting reading Too Soon From the Cave Too Far To The Stars.

I am willing to post it, just to let others see what biplane1 looks like. Nice photo of you and I love the SWTWC poster on the wall.

All for now, going to have breakfast with my wife. I am getting so lazy anymore in regard to cooking at home, and it is so much fun eating out.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Man. Your right too, it is fun eating out. I had so much trouble a few months back trying to post pictures. I finally figured out that I had my camera on mammoth file mode. Anyway okay, when you click add attachment, click browse, you should see where your file is and then you just click it and thats it and life is grand. Let me know if you need any more help and good luck.

See you later,

Greg, Rob, Robert, Robot, Abe, Benny.

posted Hide Post
philnic reporting for duty! Got a bit worried there when the message boards referred me to one of those "this URL hasn't been registered" pages, and I couldn't find the URL of the OLD board. Looks like we're back in business now, though.

biplane1, in answer to your question:
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
...how do you post a photo?...

...the answer is you click on the little "image" button just above where you type when you post a message. However, you can only post a link to an image that is already on the web somewhere (you can't post an image directly from your own computer). If you want to email the image to me, I can put it up for you. I think I did this once before; I remember doing it for Patrick when he had some pics of Frank Darabont.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, yes I do remember your assisting me. What, pray tell, is your email address? I have to scan the photo in and will do so right now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

posted Hide Post
philnic, my pictures have been posted directly from my computer, can't everyone see them?

I just clicked my image above and it seems to work, all of mine did come directly from my puter. I just hit image and then browse and clicked my file whatever it is I'm posting and whala. At this point, I have to disagree with that statement about having to have it already on a website. Try to post one directly from your puter using my method.

posted Hide Post
Bot, I saw one photo of you looking like you're taking your own picture with a "Something Wicked" poster in the background. Are there more? Have you seen mine?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is the only picture I have posted of me so far and yes I was taking my own picture, it kind of cracked me up because I was worried more with getting the shot than posing for it. Thats why that was the one good one out of 15 that was to me worth showing. The rest made me look like Robot Clown. No, I have not seen yours, I'd like to. Teleme how, arm raised.

posted Hide Post
Holy Schmoley!
Everyone is back here! Here I'm fiddling around in the old board because I couldn't access the new one. Perhaps Harper-Collins figured they couldn't oversee the site properly. Or didn't want the spend the money to do so. Thus, new owners!

May I make mention that I am re-doing my old website. Need ideas from anyone! I'm adding a 'Message Board' as well as 'Quick Time' containing recent videos of Ray. That should be fun! Flash program should add some snap! Again, ideas welcomed. But I need them by Monday, the 20th of March! The old site http://www.catchaway.com will be replaced by mid-April or earlier.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys and gals. Here I am (if this works) at Lauderdale By The Sea after having had lunch at the Aruba cafe and called Ray to ask his take on the Academy Awards.

This is an experiment.

ImageMichael_at_Lauderdale_By_The_Sea.jpg (242 Kb, 12 downloads) Photo

posted Hide Post
I think that the experiment may have worked, or at least I was able to click on the photo line (or whatever they call that thing) and there I was. And I was able to attach it directly from my computer after having scanned the photo into My Documents.

I am jealous of Greg (Robot Lincoln) having the neat poster. I want one!

posted Hide Post
Try to post it.