Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Amargosa

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amargosa
 Login/Join

posted
Who has seen Amargosa? It's a documentary about an eccentric woman who regularly puts on a one-woman show in some out-of-theway ghost town of a place.

I haven't seen it myself, but I understand Bradbury puts in an appearance. I need to know HOW MUCH of an appearance? How much screen time? Is he just an interviewee?

The official website for the film is here:
http://www.amargosafilm.com/

...and trailers for the film are here:
http://www.amargosafilm.com/clips.asp

The 90-second trailer uses Bradbury's voice as voice-over, but the video clip is in an ancient format which some browsers may not handle.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard of this some weeks ago, but know nothing else of it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, this is a brilliant film. Ray is a friend of Marta's and is in the film attending one of her performances. There are several snippets of an interview with him. Worth watching if you are a Bradbury fan.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 28 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching "The 27th Day".
1957 and hard to find, but an extraordinary film.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this! If she is the lady who painted her own audience on the walls, she totally reminded me of a Bradbury character, but I had no idea Ray knew her!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I just finished watching "The 27th Day".
1957 and hard to find, but an extraordinary film.

This one? What's so extraordinary about it?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by musicnote:
Yes, this is a brilliant film...

Thanks for responding, musicnote. I may invest in a copy.

- Phil