Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Reasearch Paper

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reasearch Paper
 Login/Join

posted
Hi im new and i read a couple of books and short stories of Ray. I need help on a research paper for english. I need a research site for 'Illistrated Man'. I need some resources/sites where i can find speeches, journals, interviews, etc. Some questions the paper asks for is: Is Ray Bradbury's science fiction feasible in our future? What is in Mars and Venuse? Will our technology ever produce the nursery or the home that will "tie our shoelaces"? Any help or sites is greatly appreciated. My greatest concern is how I can get information about Venus and Mars but with Ray's book tied in.
Thanks in advanced

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For a Venus story try “All Summer In A Day” published in the collection “A Medicine For Melancholy”. For Mars, read “The Martian Chronicles”. I realize this is only part of what you are looking for but it is all I have.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try heading for your local public library for research material, instead of just relying on the Internet. A number of critical studies of Ray's work have been published in book form over the last twenty or so years. For example, to find a number of interviews with Ray Bradbury in one place, check out the book, CONVERSATIONS WITH RAY BRADBURY, published in 2004 by the University of Mississippi Press.

Posts: 2482 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently reading Conversations With Ray Bradbury and it is quite enlightening. I would recommend it to anyone, although it is a little pricey due to it being published in smaller numbers by the University.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post