Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Fire Man

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Fire Man
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for a copy of the Fire Man. Has it been published in an anthology?

Posts: 1 | Location: Plymouth, MI, USA | Registered: 26 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Fireman", the short story which was the basis for FAHRENHEIT 451, was first published in GALAXY, a science fiction magazine, in its February, 1951 issue. It was later reprinted in a paperback anthology called SCIENCE FICTION ORIGINS (Popular Library, 1980), edited by William F. Nolan and Martin Greenberg. While I am not aware of any other printings, someone else may have some additional information.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a silly little item, but I thought it just goes to show you...not everything Bradbury is Ray....as the first line will attest in the following:

http://www.atomictourist.com/bradbury.htm

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 11-15-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post