Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Anyone hear of this story. . .

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hear of this story. . .
 Login/Join

posted
I am trying to locate a specific audio reading of a Brabury story. I heard it once in 1986, 1987, or 1988. It deals with a man on a planet, but he is the only one on the planet. Somehow a computer has come alive and is following the man. It is not the story where the man gets arrested by the computer police. The computer calls the man on the telephone and constantly irritates him. I think he dies due to and accident caused by the computer.

Any ideas? I've been through the Martian Chronicles and the story is not included. I've even checked into the printed material and found nothing. The broadcast I listened to was an after midnight show on the local National Public Radio station; I'm not sure if Bradbury read it or not.

Any assistance would be appreciated; I'd like to get it on compact disc if possible, but I need to know the name of the story before I can do so.

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: 21 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A whole recording list can be found here:
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379/audiobooks.htm

The story you want is "Night Call, Collect."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post