Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
I have 2 questions about the Martian Chronicles. In "The Earth Men", why did the martians think that the humans were crazy? What is the central theme of the Martian Chronicles?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Martians didn't believe they were from Earth, but instead they believed they were Martians gone insane, hallucinating and imagining that they had come from another planet. All the way to the end they believed this, even thinking the insanity had somehow spread to them. As for themes, there are many--the dangers of nuclear war, the destruction of our environment, too much dependence on technology, intolerance of other cultures, and more.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heeroinuyashaterry:
I may be a little late, but READ THE BOOK, WILL YOU? I'm not trying to be mean. It's a great book and I guarantee you'll be glad you read it!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post