Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Topics and Themes

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topics and Themes
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everybody I am a first time poster and i have a question. What would you say are the topics and themes of most of Ray's Novels. For Topics i said loneliness and oppression and for themes I said those who seek first come in last....Any of your input would be great thank you

Posts: 1 | Location: Port Republic, NJ USA | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heading out the door, so brief . . .

I think he does deal with loneliness and fear and jealousy; but I also think Bradbury's writing deals with themes of redemption, nostalgia, love, joy, forgiveness, etc. His themes are not always dark, and even where they may include dark elements, there is often a chance for personal redemption. (The story "The Playground" seems an exception, as there seems to be no redemption for anyone in that tale.)

Just a first shot. I'll be interested to read what others say, and I'll try to do some more thinking on this as I'm out and about.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post