Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    October Reading Enhancement Aid

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October Reading Enhancement Aid
 Login/Join

posted
Here�s a simple reading suggestion to fellow Bradburians, one that worked well for myself last autumn. When reading Something Wicked or From The Dust Returned, or even The Halloween Tree during those cool (magical) October nights, turn off all the lights and ignite a candle or two. Lean close to the candle and let Mr. Bradbury�s words guide you through the darkness.

Though I can�t prove it, I believe certain Bradbury tales were designed to be read in just that way.

Posts: 12 | Location: Carlyle, IL USA | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can prove it. He once said his stories were meant to be read by kids under the covers at night by flashlight, because if they weren't worth reading that way the heck with it.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post