Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    “Ray Bradbury’s ‘The Kilimanjaro Device’: The Need to Correct the Errors of Time.”

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“Ray Bradbury’s ‘The Kilimanjaro Device’: The Need to Correct the Errors of Time.”
 Login/Join

posted
I am desperately trying to find an article in a 1980 edition of Midwestern Miscellany by Loren Logsdon with the above title. It sounds as though it would be perfect for the research paper I am currently writing on three of Bradbury's stories, but for all I try I cannot find it anywhere online. Could someone please help me?

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida Institute of Technology | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It also appears to have been in an issue of "Eureka Studies In Teaching Short Fiction", v3 n1 p83-94 Fall 2002.

Please help? DX

Posts: 3 | Location: Florida Institute of Technology | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray Bradbury’s ‘The Kilimanjaro Device’: The Need to Correct the Errors of Time

That took quite some work to find, but I got it for ya! I hope this is what you wanted anyways.

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Body-Electric-Other-Stories/dp/0380789620

Sorry for the delay.

So, while on that page, I clicked on the book (on the left) to search inside. And I read the table of contents, it was the first story in there. Good luck with your research paper!

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SteveoDood, I believe Lauren is looking for a particular article about 'The Kilimanjaro Device', not the short story itself.

Lauren, I have looked through my collection of scholarly articles, culled from print and electornic sources, and find that the Logsdon piece is also on my wishlist; I haven't been able to locate a copy anywhere. All I can suggest is that you get an academic librarian to hunt it out for you. If your college library doesn't have it, they should be able to ship a copy in from elsewhere. Or, you could contact the publishers of Midwestern Miscellany, who are: Society for the Study of Midwestern Literature. Contact details are here: http://www.ssml.org/contact/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SteveoDood, I believe Lauren is looking for a particular article about 'The Kilimanjaro Device', not the short story itself.

Oh! Sorry, I miseed the first couple of words, appearantly.

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude,

Love the enthusiasm. Keep it up.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Lauren, I have looked through my collection of scholarly articles, culled from print and electornic sources, and find that the Logsdon piece is also on my wishlist; I haven't been able to locate a copy anywhere. All I can suggest is that you get an academic librarian to hunt it out for you. If your college library doesn't have it, they should be able to ship a copy in from elsewhere. Or, you could contact the publishers of Midwestern Miscellany, who are: Society for the Study of Midwestern Literature. Contact details are here: http://www.ssml.org/contact/

Thank you very much for the help. I went to my library yesterday, actually, and spoke with the librarian there. They didn't have a copy on hand, and while they put in a request to the librarian at Eureka College (Where the author of the article currently works), nothing has come back yet.

I'll try contacting those people myself and see if I can get anything. Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
Maybe what the Mountain needs is a "SnowMaking Device!'

Hemingway would have needed to come up with a different title for his classic story and s.s. collection. Sad!
RE:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/12/18/african.glaciers.ap/index.html

OK, Steve. Try the update (above).
Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The very end of your link is messed up, it added in the (bracket)URL(slash bracket) into the actual link Frowner

---