Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Watch Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis - Starting November 17

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watch Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis - Starting November 17
 Login/Join

posted
Producer "Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis"

With Chrysalis set to premiere this coming week (11/17) on demand, I'd like to thank all of you who have followed our film's progress over the last two years since we first announced the project at Comic-Con. I've had a great time getting to meet some of you at that event as well as other festivals and screenings with Ray.

Chrysalis has truly been a work of love. All of us involved in the making of this film have been fans of Ray's work for many years. My main goal during the making of the film was to create something that was true to Ray's story and a film that would celebrate and honor his work. The greatest thing I take from this entire experience has been the relationship I have developed with Ray and the trust he's given me in allowing me to bring his story to a new canvas. There are so many great stories Ray has written over the years, and I can't wait to bring those to the screen in the coming years with Ray's blessing.

Ray is very happy with Chrysalis as well as with the reaction it has been getting from audiences at film festivals around the world. At a recent screening he even said it was one of the most loyal adaptations of his work in both content and spirit. We even won the best feature film award at the International Horror and Sci-Fi Film Festival.

As many of you know, independent films have a very tough time in the current marketplace, and the only way to really get some attention for them is by making sure the fans of this type of content tune in and help us spread the word. If you've seen the film at any of our festival screenings and enjoyed it, please tell your friends to tune in. If you haven't seen it yet, make sure to watch, write about it online, and e-mail other fans to remind them to tune in.

Ray and I have started talking about many more film projects we want to make, but that will only happen if Chrysalis is able to find an audience. I hope you will all help us accomplish this goal.

Thank you all for your support. I truly hope you enjoy our film. I look forward to your feedback.

-Roger Lay, Jr.
Los Angeles, CA
www.chrysalismovie.net
www.bradburychrysalis.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/rb_chrysalis

PS: Here's all the info regarding our ON DEMAND run:

Ray Bradbury's Chrysalis -- Winner of the best Sci-Fi Feature Award at The International Horror and Science Fiction Film Festival -- premieres On Demand.

Lightning Entertainment has picked up Urban Archipelago Films' production of Ray Bradbury’s Chrysalis for domestic distribution. The feature film based on a short story by the internationally acclaimed author will premiere on November 17, 2009, via On Demand through Time Warner, Charter, and Bright House digital cable providers. The film will be available in more than 50 million homes in the U.S. Additional dates for multiple other providers including Comcast and digital satellite services will be announced shortly.

The beloved author of such classics as The Martian Chronicles and Fahrenheit 451, who has been consulted in every aspect of the film’s production, says: "Chrysalis started to develop in my life more than forty years ago. I wrote ten different versions of the story and tried, unsuccessfully, to sell it to various magazines. I finally wrote one more version and sold it to "Amazing Stories." To have it come off the page and come alive is a real triumph. [Producer] Roger Lay, Jr. has done a first-class, A-1 job."

Ray Bradbury’s Chrysalis has also been picked up for international distribution by Arsenal Pictures and will begin airing worldwide in the fall. Some of the initial international territories include Russia and Japan -- two of the largest non-U.S. markets for Bradbury's work. More territories and release dates will continue to be announced in the coming months at: www.chrysalismovie.net.

The film has also been playing to great reception at such film festivals as:
The Science + Fiction Film Festival, Italy
The Shriekfest Film Festival
The Phoenix Comic-Con Film Festival
The Boston Science Fiction Film Festival
The Cannes Film Market
The Fen-Con Science Fiction Festival
The CineFantasy Film Festival, Brazil
The International Horror and Science-Fiction Film Festival (Winner, Best Sci-Fi Feature)

Details for the film's DVD release should be available in early 2010 following its On Demand television run.

Posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post