Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Martian Chronicles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings,
a friend recently passed and left to me a Japanese translation of The Martian Chronicles. The book is #10 in what I believe to be a 12 book series called Gengensha Science Fiction Series. It was inscribed by Mr. Bradbury in 1957 for his parents. I do know that the translation rights were arrainged by Charles E. Tuttle CO., Tokyo in the early to mid fifties. I was told by a woman at Tuttle Antiquarian that the late Mr. Tuttle had kept much of his publishing records in his head. I spoke to a Mr. Ingleton, President of Tuttle International and he has confirmed the fact that Mr. Tuttle kept very few written records. So, after that long story, has anyone heard of or seen another like it?

[This message has been edited by sport (edited 06-19-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Arcata, California, US | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post