Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Halloween Tree library binding edition?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Tree library binding edition?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all,
Recently, I came across a rather odd, older edition of "The Halloween Tree" that I cannot find much information about. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

It was published by Knopf in 1972 and has the original Joseph Mugnaini artwork. However, most of the copies I see of this book are just normal hardcovers with dust jackets. This copy is in, what I would best describe as, library binding. There are no library stamps or marks or any evidence of it actually ever being a library book. The Mugnaini artwork is screened to the front cover and the boards are orange.

I would just like to know if this is a valuable item or not. Either way, I'd like to have an idea what it's worth.

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes you are correct it is a Library binding. Usually they are not valuable, as they are print on demand books, and not officially licensed releases.

The only instances where they are sometimes collected is if the book never had a hardcover release. I have one for Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf, because it is the only trade hardcover available (although there was a Limited Edition hardcover, very expensive), and I have one for H. P. Lovecraft The Road to Madness, because it is only available in mass market paperback. So they are nice to have in hardcover form, but they are really not worth much to collectors.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post